vinyl double hung windows

A handy person from Great Falls, VA says:
Unfortunately I can not find any markings of any nature on my vinyl double hung windows. The balance is a spiral type, and what I call the 'foot' on the bottom of the sash that inserts into the balance 'port' is broken. I have several that are broken and I can not find replacements. The first 2 photos are of the broken 'foot' and the third is an in-place unbroken one.

Any assistance, suggestions, and solutions are all greatly appreciated Thank you in advance for your help Tom
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The part you're looking for is known as a pivot bar, which fits into the pivot lock shoe. See our 26-040 and let me know if you could use this as a match. It only uses one screw hole instead of two, but as long as it aligns with at least one of your own screw holes I think it should still work. Look over our measurements, especially the hole spacing, and see what you think.
A home owner from Great Falls, VA says:
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, the first hole of my current pivot bar is 1 3/4" from the insertion end; the second hole is 2 1/2" from the end, with overall length of the bar at 3".

If I can not find an exact replacement, can I drill new holes to match a 'near replacement' part?

Tom
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We also have the 26-089, which is 3" long and has one hole that matches at 2.5". You can drill for the other hole used, if necessary.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.