SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

vinyl window balance, shoe, latch

A handy person from Brownsburg, IN says:
Broken window hardware. 7 year old with a tilt latch. Broken spring assembly. Marking DB L02 28B. Need left and right. Spring is about 11" end to end. The tilt at the bottom of the window appears to be ok, just the spring assemblies are broken.

Also have broken latch, latch shown in another picture and measurement as well.

Do you have replacements for what I need?
A customer submitted photo of vinyl window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! For the balance, it looks like you have have our Series 770 channel balance. The spring, unfortunately, it not sold separately. You would have to replace the entire balance. As for the tilt latch, please take a look at our 26-298 and compare its dimensions to your own.

Finally, for the pivot shoe, it looks like you may have something similar to our 15-135, but I can't be sure. Take a look and compare that to your hardware as well. if you aren't sure, you may have to remove the pivot shoe from the window and take a few pictures of it separately for us to look at, along with dimensions. Please see our video below on how to remove your pivot shoe.

A quick learner from INdiana says:
My balance doesn't have the connector you show at the top. it has 2 horizontal pins in the holes shown in your picture instead.

And my latch is 11/16 rather than 3/4" wide. The channel it fits into is about 9/16" wide. The length is correct
User submitted picture of channel balance DB L02 28B.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I see what you mean. It looks like you have two rivets, where we have a plastic screw-way. You could remove the screw-way from our balance and add a couple rivets. Please see our 62-005. Be sure to also see our Do-It-Yourself Guide on Replacing Balance Accessories.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)