SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

weather strip on top of screen

A quick learner from Royersford, PA says:
The attached file shows a picture of weather strip that runs along the top of our screens that seems to work as a guard to keep out water or dirt. Any suggestions.....can't seem to find something similar on your site.
User submitted a photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The closest match we have is our 59-050, though it seems ours is 3/4" while yours is 9/16". Could you still get this to work?
A quick learner from PGH, PA says:
I love this product. Couldn't find it in black though. I had a hard time fitting this on my screen. It seems like it should just slide on from the end and you should be able to pull it. i think it's the right size though. I ended up using a butter knife to press the one side down into the track. Any other suggestions??

Otherwise, a great product and I'll be ordering more.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I'm glad our seal worked for you. Now, most windows allow the seal to just slide in at the end, but some manufacturers seal the slot for whatever reason. Your own method is what we usually do in those instances (though we use a putty knife instead). That's really the easiest way, though it can be annoying.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)