SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

weather strip replacement

A quick learner from Las Vegas, NV says:
I need this sliding door weather strip replaced

I did not want to cut the existing strip so I have drawn a sketch
A customer submitted illustration of their weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting!

We do carry some weatherstripping similar to this, but yours is very long. Take a look at our 55-169 Leaf Weatherseal and our 55-170 Malta Weatherseal. Would one of these types work on your door? If not, please tell us the make of your door, and we can work from there.
A quick learner from las vegas says:
Thanks for the reply.
It appears that 55-169 may work for the strip on the right in my sketch.
Could you please also find a replacement for the strip on the left - it is like a U channel with 3/5" sides.
Thanks again
Profile picture of Dave
It's good to know that the 55-169 will work. It is one of our more popular weatherseals.

As for your other sample, it's hard to say. I don't know if we have anything that would match. Could you please tell us the manufacturer of your door? That might help us narrow down the search.
There is no name on the door. I had sent some pictures if that helps. I am enclosing them again.
A customer submitted photo of their door frame.
Profile picture of Dave
Thank you for the additional pictures.

Unfortunately, we don't have anything exactly like what you have. We do have some bubble and foam seal that may work, though. Take a look at our 58-053 Bubble Seal, 58-055 Bubble Seal with angled base, and our 58-163 and 58-170, Foam Filled Weatherseals. One of these might work on your door, but I can't say for sure.
None of the above will work.
58-175 with wider base, instead of 11/32", closer to 1/2" or slightly wider may work just fine.
Once again thanks for suggesting all these.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)