SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

weather strips for Caradco doublehung window

A home owner from Starlight, PA says:
I do not have a model number (windows were installed prior the purchase of the house. Quite a bit of weather strips have to be replaced (bottom and between windows. Please advice the part number and the size of them.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you need. Caradco has used a wide variety of weatherseals for all their windows. Please remove a sample of yours and show us a picture of its profile. That will help us find a good match.
A home owner from Starlight, PA says:
As suggested, I have removed the weather strip located between two parts of the window (hung window). The bottom weather strips almost do not exist. I hope these are the same. Hopefully, you can establish the type/size of the strip. Also, please let me know where I can buy them (SWISCO?) and how I can install them (any oil to slide them in?).

Thank you and best regards.

Henryk
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Henry. It's still a bit hard to say. I can't see the profile, but from what I can see the 58-053 may be similar. Carefully look at our pictures and measurements for this part to confirm. If it is a match, you can purchase it directly from our site. As for installation, the 58-053 just pushes in.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)