SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

weatherstripping for sliding patio doors

A contractor from Boston MA says:
I am "reconditioning" a set of 4 panel 15 lite sliding doors - i.e. fixed panel on either side with the two in the middle bypassing the outside panels.

The weatherstripping I am looking for is:
a) interior doorstop or soffit - a horizontal 1/2 x 3/4 fastened to the header with weatherstripping on the inside. See A pic.

12 feet

b) the middle piece of weatherstripping between the sliders and the fixed panels. It is also attached to the header and acts something like a soffit or stop. I can see no fasteners on this piece and think perhaps it is two pieces. A square "base" with the actual weatherstripping snapping on to it. See B pic.

12 feet

A user submited photo of weatherstripping
c) Weatherstripping in bottom dado of doors. Dado is 3/4 wide x 1/2 deep. See C pics.

7 feet

Thanks - Mike

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! For the leaf weatherseal found in the right picture, please look at our 55-170 Malta weatherseal. I believe that they look similar. Just make sure to compare the two!

As for the strip that's found alongside your door jamb, I do not believe we carry that type. You may have to contact the door manufacturer for a replacement.

Finally, you may be interested in some of our "Paw Proof" Screening, just in case your cat ever decides to sharpen its claws on your window!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)