SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

weatherstripping and seals for Truth casement windows 1988 era

A quick learner from Santa Fe says:
I'm going to repair my windows rather than replace but want to be sure I get the correct weatherstrip /sealing materials.

Is it obvioius from the make and era what I need to order?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Ian. Unfortunately, I do not know what weatherstripping you need based on this information. Can I see a few pictures of the weatherstripping in question? Keep in mind that we need to see its shape, so seeing its cross-section is essential.
A quick learner from Santa Fe NM says:
Thank you Tom... I have taken some pictures. there are two seals on these truth windows - one is white and on the edge of the window frame - called seal 1 in the photos, the other is black and is on the edges of the windows themselves. Hope you can tell from these what I need to replace the seals. I have 14 windows to do...
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. I recognize the white seal. Unfortunately, we've never been able to find an exact replacement. You could look at our 58-055 and see if you could get this to work, but I can't guarantee if it will.

I'm not sure about the black piece, though. It could be something like our 55-106. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)