SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

what handles do i have?

A quick learner from fort myers, fl says:
hello, i need replacement handles for my 2 inch thick patio door (hurricane glass) with screws that are 3 15/16 inches apart. can you help me?
thanks so much.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say exactly what you have without more information, but check out our 82-035, 82-031, and 82-069 and see if any of these can be used as substitutes.
A quick learner from fort myers, fl says:
hello again, thanks for your reply. #82-031 looks exactly like our broken one. our concern is that the door is 2 inches thick, and there is no description of the length of the mortise lock.
and can you tell us what your return policy is?
thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Well, our 82-031 isn't meant for a 2" thick door. However, you may be able to reuse some of your hardware to adapt it. Namely, the screws and thumbturns that you have already installed.

I'm not sure what you mean by the length of the mortise lock, though. The 82-031 doesn't come with a mortise lock, but you can see a list of compatible hardware under the Related Item(s) section on the 82-031's page.

Check out our Return Policy here.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)