SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

what spiral part?

A contractor says:
Spiral deal, single hung/ tilt, 3/8, white housing, yellow tip, tape reads 30" but something broke ,what part.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Thanks for contacting us. Can you confirm the length? Make sure to only measure the tube. You do not measure the whole balance when determining length. I think it may be something like 28", but confirm just in case.

If so, I believe you want our S306-28. This comes with a 15-066 shoe already attached, so make sure that matches, as well. A Yellow Tip indicates a very strong spring. Two S306-28 balances with Yellow Tips can carry a sash weight of 24 through 34 pounds. What is the weight of your sash?
A quick learner says:
The weight of the Sash is only about 10 lbs. the length of the white tube is 29".

here is another photo to confirm series but the shoe does not look like a match. Can I just use the ones that are on it already?

Thanks, Ed
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Sorry for the confusion! Now that I have a better look, I recommed an S900-29 spiral balance with a white tip. Two balances with this tip color can hold a sash weight of 5 through 21 pounds. You can reuse your old shoe.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)