SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

wheels for an old garage door screen

A quick learner from florida says:
Hi,
I have an old garage door screen with 4 screens and am looking to find replacement wheels the holes on the bottom are 1" inch long 3/16" inches wide and the depth of the hole is 1 1/8" inches. the old wheels were thrown away years ago and am using felt stripes but they do not last long. can you let me know if you have anything that will work?

thanks
brian
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Brian. Your description makes me think of our 84-014 screen door wheel. This comes with a nut and bolt to lock the wheel in different height positions. What do you think?
A quick learner says:
Hi Paul,
These will not work. I looked at it again and there is a small hole for screws on each side of the main opening were the wheel would go. The distance from the small holes is 1" 1/8". The opening is 5/8" wide and 1 1/8" long.

Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Sorry to hear our suggestion won't fit. Would you be able to show us a picture of where your wheels install on the door? That may give us a clue as to what could work better.
A quick learner says:
Hi,
Here is a couple of pictures. The hole is the same on the other end.

Thanks
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Hmm... I'm not sure what to recommend. Without having the original hardware on hand it's very tough to say. Look at our 84-046 or 84-064. They have a top adjustment screw. We also have the 84-020, which has a side adjustment screw. I'm not sure where your adjustment screw is located, but based on the hole in your picture it seems your roller functions similarly to the ones I named.
A professional from CA says:
Are there rollers on top? They are often the same as the bottom.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)