willmar tilt windows

A home owner from Mindoro wisconsin says:
When I tilt my windows in to clean, the sash bar knob breaks off. It almost seems like the pivot lock shoe is froze(immobile). The tag on my window says Willmar Windows LTD number 298 U-0.35-98.
I don't see any sash bars that look like mine in your parts page. My bar is connected to the side of the window by 2 screws and a knob that sticks out at a 90 degree angle. My wife says we should replace the windows BUT I know there are replacement parts out there. The windows were installed in 1999 when the house was built. Please advice or steer me into the right parts. I google Willmar replacement parts but am unable to come up with anything.

Thanks a bunch
Jeff
User submitted picture of pivot shoe and pivot bar.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
For the pivot bar, take a look at our 26-374. That is an Andersen Sash Pivot Bar. It is very similar to yours, and the closest we offer at this time. That said, I believe it could work in your case. You might have to do some adjustments to install it, but it looks close. Also take note that when you tilt your window sash out to clean, make sure you are not down on the sill. Window manufactures recommend that you raise up the window a few inches before tilting down the sash to prevent you from damaging the tilt bar.

As for the shoe, please take a look at either our 15-177 or 15-175 Coil balance Shoes and match them to your own dimensions to see which one would be best.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.