SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need help choosing which replacement balance I need

A quick learner says:
Need to replace this window balance. I've check this website and couldn't find a match. Some description: 1/2 inch wide, 28 inch long, see picture for the top (maybe 19-005) and the shoe (maybe 15-002). Please advice. Thanks.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thanks for posting. To determine which replacement balance you need, I need to figure out what the top and bottom attachments are on your old balance. I can tell from your photos that the top attachment is our 19-005, but I cannot say for sure what the bottom attachment is. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
Comparison of <a href='http://www.swisco.com/Channel-Balance-Shoe/pd/Replacement-Sash-Support-Channel-Balance-Shoes/15-001'>15-001</a> & 15-002
A quick learner says:
thank you for the reply. I just measured the shoe and it seems 15-001 will be the one. Can I just order the 385 series and sand the wings out in the shoes.
A quick learner says:
length 28 inch, support 30+ pounds, need four of them. Need four take out clips also.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us. We don't recommend modifying the Series 385 to match your balance. The 15-001 shoe is different than the 15-004 in more than just the fact they have wings.

Now, we're close to getting everything we need. I would just like you to confirm the weight of your sash. It's important that we know the precise weight, as these are delicate systems. Let me know!
A quick learner says:
they are around 30 pounds. I would go for the level between 30-33 pounds.
Profile picture of Tom
Great, based on your specifications the replacement balance you need is the S395-28 with the 2760 option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)