window balance replacement

A home owner from 07030 says:
I would like to replace my window balance but can't figure out which replacement part to buy. The balance doesn't seem to fit with any of the replacement parts I've seen on this site.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm afraid your balance has been discontinued, however the manufacturer suggest a a custom S795-27 balance with a 15-198 clip attached at the top and a 27D stamp option. Would this work for you? If so, let me know how many you need and we can work from there.
A quick learner says:
Thanks I got it. I'll order the right parts.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Keep in mind that placing the 15-198 clip on the S795-27 can be a little tricky without the right procedure. You will need to extend the cord, secure it in a vice grip, untie the knot that holds in the current clip and then retie the 15-198 in place. You will then have to firmly hold onto the cord as you release the vise so that it doesn't snap back. We can custom make it for you, which is no trouble at all, but it is possible to do it yourself.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.