SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window balance springs for a double hung window

A home owner from USA says:
I am looking for (2) window balance springs for a double hung window. One side broke but I am going to replace both. Following will be (5) pictures showing a "good" one that I took out of another window. Hopefully you will have the clips that attach to each end.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! This balance has actually been discontinued, but we still may be able to help. I'm thinking that maybe our S795-24 could work as a replacement, but I would like to see your old shoe, tilt bar, and how the old balance attaches at the top. That will help me zero in on a good substitute. Thanks!
A home owner from Irwin PA says:
Paul. Following will be the pics that you requested. Hopefully they will help to determine if S795-24 could work as a replacement.

Thanks,

Kevin
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A home owner from Irwin PA says:
Additional pics of Reference # D45832
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Perfect! Yes, I think you will like the new system. The only thing I need to know for sure is whether your shoe is 1" wide or 1-1/4" wide. If it's 1" wide, I recommend the 15-194. If it's 1-1/4" wide, I recommend the 15-195.

Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields, particularly the one labelled "Balance Bottom." You would fill in either the 15-194 or 15-195, depending on which you have.

After you submit the form, one of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart. There shouldn't be any need to change your pivot bar.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)