SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window balancer/need to replace of 2 of this item.

A home owner from florida says:
hello swisco,
i am looking to purchase a replacement balance for a window in my home. i have given a more detailed description of it in this email. i looked through the balances that you sell on your site and could not find one that matches the number stamped on mine. also, when i removed my balance from my window frame, the pulley assembly unraveled. so, i'm not sure what it should look like in it's fully assembled state.

can you help?...

the metal u-channel measures 23" in length. this is the length of the metal channel only, without the plastic end. there is a number stamped into the aluminum u-channel. that number is 2230Z. the u-channel measures 9/16" in width.

thank you,
ben
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. We should be able to help, yes. I'm just not sure what to recommend. Do you have an undamaged balance handy? I can see your top nylon attachment well enough (third picture above), but I will need to see the bottom nylon attachment, as well. In the meantime, I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.

Keep in mind the number printed on your balance is not an identification number, and should not be used to help you find the right Series. All it tells you is how strong the spring is. There is only one way to find the right Series, and that's by comparing the size and style of the two nylon ends.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)