window balances

A contractor from princeton nj says:
i think i have 140 coil balances
they are single coil they are not marked that i can see
I measured the window sash will that help in getting the correct size coil
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If your original Series 140 springs are not marked, then you will need to weigh your sash in order to select the proper replacement option. If you want to make sure the Series 140 is correct, take a couple pictures of your balance system and we can confirm.
here are some potos
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the pictures. I do not believe the Series 140 will work for this, no. I have a couple ideas, but before I can narrow down the list of replacements, I would like to see a picture of the shoe. You show the spring cover, but once we see the shoe we should have a good idea of what you need.

Please also give me the weight of the sash, in addition to the width x height of the visible glass.
here are some more photos
the sash weight 20lb.
i will need the part number for the pivot lock shoes also
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! The pivot shoe looks like our 15-175. For a 20 pound sash, I recommend one S152-6 and two S152-7 coil springs. For the pivot bar, it could be one of the following: 26-030, 26-226 or 26-352, depending on the screw hole placement. See what you think!
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.