SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window channel balance 28 1/4 3 E H / C H

A quick learner from Colorado says:
I'm having trouble with the stamp option. I need to replace 4 balances for 2 different windows. One is stamped 28 1/4 3 E H, and the other is stamped 28 1/4 3 C H.

Can you ID. The correct ends for me too? I would really appreciate it.

Can you help me find the right replacements?

Ray
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Ray. Before I can confirm what Series channel balance you have, I'll need a bit more information.

First, can you confirm the lengths of these balances? Are they, as the stamps indicated, 28-1/2" long? Make sure to only measure the length of the metal channel.

We will also need to identify what that bottom shoe is. We have two possibilities. Please look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which measurement more closely resembles your own shoe?

Finally, can you give me the weight of your window sash?
A quick learner from Colorado says:
The rail measures 29 1/4 inches
The bottom show measures 1 inch deep
The sash measures 18 pounds 7 ounces
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you. I think you might want to consider our S351-29 channel balance. I also recommend our 2830 for that sash weight. This balance's length doesn't end on the 1/4", but I don't think that will matter. What do you think?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)