window channel balance

A home owner from Idaho says:
I need to replace the channel balance in a non-tilt window. It matches the description of your part S380-14 except it is stamped as follows: 14 3 KR CALDWELL

Can you advise whether S380-14 is the correct replacement part?

Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If your stamp is 14 3, then I think you might want to recheck the length of your metal channel. It should measure 15" long. Take another look and let me know!
You're right -- the length of the metal part is in fact 15"
Since the correct measurement is 15", I think I need part S385-15 with the shoe that measures 1-3/32".

My channel balance is stamped 14 3 KR CALDWELL -- does that indicate that I need the 1430 option?

Thanks again for your help!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Not a problem! Yes, usually a stamp of 14 3 corresponds to our 1430 option. It wouldn't be a bad idea to weigh your sash and compare it to the 1430 strength just in case, though.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.