SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window corner latches

A home owner from north brunswick nj says:
I was wondering if you could help me find this piece. It's 3 inches long, the pin that goes up is 3/16 wide, and a top view width is 1/4 inch. Do you have this part. I need 1 right and 1 left piece. I don't know the window brand.thank you
User submitted photos of a window latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! When you say "top view width," is that its thickness? Before I can recommend anything, I need to know the thickness of the latch itself as well as the "L" shaped corner. They should be two different thicknesses. Let me know!
A home owner from north brunswick nj says:
If you were standing the piece so that you were looking down on the L shaped pin, the thickness of the base is 5/16 and the L shaped pin is 1/8.If you were to lay it flat the base is 3 inches long and the L shape goes up 1 1/4 inch. hope that helps.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are currently working on a possible replacement part and will post again in this thread as soon as I have more information.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon! Please see our new SWISCO product code 91-177 Corner Latch set and see if this will work as a replacement for your hardware.
A home owner from north brunswick says:
i received the 91-177 latches but it seems that there should be springs with it like the old one. do i have to order springs separately for this product or are the old ones suppose to fit? if they are suppose to fit they don't. please let me know. thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! As you can see in the product description, the springs for the 91-177 are sold separately. The springs to go with these latches are our 26-016, though you may be able to re-use your old ones.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)