window crank

A home owner from Tulsa OK says:
My 56 yr old casement windows have the crank and its "receiver" stripped and the crank turns uselessly.The crank fits onto a metal box approx. 1" x 4" with a protrusion. do you have replacements for this metal box & crank? Sorry, I don't know the right names for this stuff
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Do not be sorry. Did you look through SWISCO's casement operators? See if you can pick your replacement out. If you are having trouble, take a photo and send it us by attaching it to a discussion reply post.
A quick learner says:
Hi, I need two cranks bigger than 3/8. I think, my old ones are from 1967 and should be around 1/2.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 39-195 handle, it has a 7/16 bore.
A quick learner says:
I tried those and still did not work. I ended using a universal star handle for a kitchen faucet. The handle looks like your tipycal Anderson crank handle. However, the size of my handles are bigger.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.