window crank replacement

A home owner from St. Croix US Virgin Islands says:
I want to replace several window cranks, but many of them can't be screwed in because a worn window plate. Is there anything that I could use to fix this problem?
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, hopefully I can help. I have two ideas that might repair your window frame. First, and simplest, try using a larger diameter screw. If that won't work, consider using a piece of aluminum angle. Drill and mount it into the window sill up against the bottom of the window, then drill into the angle matching the holes into the window frame. Would that work for you?
A home owner from St. Croix, US Virgin Islands says:
Good afternoon,

Do you have a part or fix that I can use on a window that I can not attach the operator? I am not ready to replace the whole window, but just wanted to replace the crank.

Any help would be wonderful!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window crank.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It seems like this might be in reference to the same issue that you had back in 2016. If so, were you able to try either of the options that Dave Sr. recommended in response to your original post? 

If you're trying to identify a replacement for your operator as well, we would need to see your operator fully removed from the window so that the arms that attach to the window linkage are fully visible. We'd also need a photo that clearly shows the installation hole pattern. Thank you.  

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.