SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window glazing

A home owner from Cranford NJ says:
Hi!! Glad I found your web-site. Been to Home Depot and Windomania with no luck. I've attached a few photos of vinyl glazing I'm trying to replace. There are no manufacturer markings or codes anywhere, unless they're in a 'secret' location ;). The height is 1/2" and the width is 3/4". The 1/2" height butts against the window and the 3/4" width covers the space between the window and the outside of the window frame. I've also included a photo of window which I pulled the sample from for picture taking. Color is white. Would you be able to help me identify the closest match?
Appreciate your help.
Kind regards,
User submitted photos of snap in glazing.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Dave. I believe you should start by looking at our vinyl stripping for awning windows: our 55-001 or 55-012. See what you think.
A home owner from Cranford NJ says:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I feel like a dope because my measurement was off ;)... should be 1/4" height by 3/4".

With that correction, I've been poking around for a few hours on the web and I've found that 'Silverline 65-61 white' is closest shape/size to what I'm looking for, but I don't see this shape on SWISCO's web-site.

I think the closest SWISCO dimesion is the 55-011. With adding shipping cost, I wanted to double check with you to confirm you don't have something closer to the 'Silverline 65-61 white' before I hit "enter".

Would you please confirm?

Kind regards,
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I do not think the 55-011 will work for you. The shape is too different. I agree with Dave, I think our 55-001 is the closest match we have. This is also the most popular choice for awning windows.
A quick learner from Cranford NJ says:
Thanks very much! I've entered an order for a few samples to see which fits best. Appreciate your help!
Kind regards,
A quick learner from Cranford NJ says:
Just to follow-up, I ordered three sample pieces as suggested by Tom... all fit and from those samples, the 55-001 was the best fit. Just ordered 3 pcs 55-001-3 (need two 24" pieces, and one as spare), and buying in 3' length saved a bunch on shipping. Just wanted to say thanks for all your help and answering my questions clearly.

Now if I can keep the dog from sticking his head through the glass, all should be okay... but at least I know where to go for my glazing (or other window needs) if there is a next time!

Thanks again,
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That's fantastic news! Let me know if you need anything else and we would be happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)