SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window going up to far

A quick learner from window repair says:
when i open my window, they make a springing noise at the point where they should stop. The will usually raise several inches than they should. What do i need to do to fix this?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It could be you could use a sash stop. See our 55-043 and see if this can work in your window, but this may just be a superficial solution. I wonder if maybe your spring is improperly calibrated. Do you know what kind of balance you have? I notice you purchased our 75-006, which is for tilt window spiral balances. Would you have something like our Series 900 or Series 600 spiral balances?
A quick learner says:
The existing windows are kinro for mobile homes. It would take series 600 spiral balances. I will use the charging tool first, and if that doesn't work, I will just install new balances. Thank you for the quick reply.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! I agree, that's the best way to go. There's no harm in trying to adjust the tension, so it's always the first step we recommend.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)