SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Please help identify this operator and hinge

A home owner from Brooklyn says:
Hi There, I have some of my windows hardware rotted out could you match me up the right ones the house is located in the Caribbean. Jeff. Thanks
A customer submitted photo of a window operator and hinge set.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Jeff!

The hinge looks like our 36-013-10 2-Bar Hinge Set; take a look at that and see if you agree. As for the operator, I think the best match would be our 39-171, but your arm measures 4", where ours is 5". I would recommend double checking your dimensions compared to those shown in the 39-171 diagram on our site, and see how close it is.

[EDIT] Please see Dave's post below for current recommendation.
A home owner from brooklyn says:
Thanks for your reply double checking my arm it is 4" but would your 5" work. Thanks. Jeff.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Jeff, I do not think the 39-171 would be a good match. Not only is the arm length longer, but it has a bend in it which may not work with your application.

I suggest taking a look at the 39-317 Split-Arm Operator. The 39-317 has a slightly new case design, but the dimensions of the arms seem to match your original. Take a look and see what you think.
A home owner from Brooklyn new york says:
Hi Dave, I agree that the 39-317 split-arm operator will work. but the hinge 36-013-10 its a bit different mine on the rusted part does not move the other side slides back and forth. Thanks Jeff.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It appears that your hinge does not move the slide because it has become disconnected due to rust and wear.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)