SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window latch

A professional from Pa says:
I'm looking for a window latch that matches this one I can find a few with the right measurements but I'm not sure that it has the correct hook part of the latch. Please look at the picture and let me know if you have a replacement.
Thanks
Justin
User submitted a photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the images, Justin. Check out our 90-173 and see if this is a possible match.
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom
It looks close but I can't tell form the pics online if it has the hook on the window latch that would slid into the keeper. Can you check one out and let me know. You can see the hooked portion at the top of the pic.
Thanks for you help.
Justin
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
The 90-173's latch isn't exactly like your hook, but it comes with its own keeper. So long as you replace that, as well, it should work. Just confirm that all your dimensions match those we show for the 90-173.
A quick learner says:
Hi
The windows I need these for uses a face mount keeeper. Your product code of 90-257. Do you know if the 90-173 latch will work with the 90-257 keeper.
Thanks
Justin
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I just ran back and tried using the 90-173 and 90-257 together, and they do work! However, I cannot guarantee that the holes of the 90-257 line up with the holes in your window. I would just double check!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)