SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement locks for a horizontal sliding window

A quick learner from Oregon says:
I ordered part 90-137 but there isn't enough clearance between the two parts of the window for it to fit. Here is a picture of the lock I need, on another window. These are horizontal, sliding windows. I'm not sure which brand.
A customer submitted photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for posting! Before we can offer any applicable substitutes, we just need a bit more information about your lock.

First, can you please tell us the distance between screw hole centers? We will also need the distance between the screw hole center and the top edge.

In the meantime, please take a look at our 90-246 Window Locks. The 90-246 appears to be very similar to your hardware.

A quick learner says:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Distance between screw hole centers: 2 1/8 inches
Distance from top screw hole center and top edge: 3/4 inch

I can't tell from the pictures if the 90-246 is correct.

thanks, Josh

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the info. With those dimensions in mind, I think that our 90-246 Window Lock and Keeper would be the closest lock we have. Please take a look and see what you think.
A quick learner says:
Great, thanks. I'll order it.

While I have such a helpful person, here's my other problem:
I ordered part 20-013 to provide a way to have a window open with limited opening for security. I thought this was the thinnest one you have, but even with this part I won't be able to install it and then open the window past the piece--the two haves of the double hung window are too flush. Attached is a picture of the area where I'd like to install it. Any ideas?

thanks, Josh
A customer submitted photo of a window latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at our new tutorial video on how to install our 26-387 Face Mount Single Action Vent Lock Kit. Do you think this would work for you?

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)