SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window lock for a vinyl double-hung tilt-in window

A handy person from Highland Illinois says:
I am not sure of the manufacturer of my vinyl double-hung tilt-in windows as the home is ten years old. Most of the locks have broken and are missing. I am having trouble finding anything that will fit these windows. The cutout opening is 1 and 1/16 inches by 3/16 inches. Can you lead me in a direction to find replacements or do you think the 26-219 or 26-122 would work if I enlarge the opening? I have attached a picture of one of the locks that I pried out of place if this helps. Thank you in advance for your help.
S. Clayton
A customer submitted photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, and for the clear picture. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if we have anything exactly like this. Have you seen our 26-338 Sash Stop, though? I think it would work as a better replacement than our 26-122 and 26-219, though I can't be certain. Please match up their dimensions to your own lock and see if you think it will work.
A quick learner says:

Thanks for the information. I do believe that I can make the 26-338 work in this situation. You have been very helpful.

S. Clayton
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)