SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window lock replacement 2" screw hole centers

A quick learner from NJ says:
Hi,
Tom M, replied to my post on Friday and asked me to measure 1)the distance between the two installation hole centers: 2"

and 2)the distance between an installation hole
center and the back of the lock. not sure what this is? I measured the space between the screw and the where that piece ends/ flush with the catch part of the lock. this measures 1/4"

the smaller back piece (catch?) is screwed in but there is no overlap of metal, the screw takes up the whole width.

thank you
A customer submitted photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. First, can you tell me what the back set measure for the installation holes on the sweep lock is?

We have a lock set that may work. Please look at our 90-161. This is close to the 2" you have; it measures 2-1/16" on centers and they sit back 7/16".
Hi Donna, I have removed the lock and each hole center to hole center measures 2 1/4" (on both parts).

thanks,
Joyce
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
With a distance of 2-1/4", maybe take a look at our 90-097. Would that work better?
thanks! I will try these,
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)