SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement window latches and pivot shoes

A handy person from Durham, NC says:
These parts are for generic windows (no manufacturer ID) for my property built by Centex in 1998 in North Carolina.

I am attaching a number of pictures:

The first picture is one of the plastic latches that attach the upper edge of the window to a groove in the frame to hold the window in the upright position - their little handles tend to brake off

The second picture is a sliding assembly to which the tension spring inside the frame is attached
A customer submitted photo of their latch and balance shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Your first picture looks very similar to our 26-263 and 26-264 top tilt latches. Please take a look and see if they match your hardware.

As for your pivot shoe, please take a look at our 15-046. Do you think this would work for you?

You may also find our video tutorial on how to replace tilt window spiral balances helpful.

A handy person from Durham, NC says:
Thank you, Paul, for your response. I'll get the tilt latches you pointed out, as well as a similar 26-243 for testing.

Regarding the pivot shoe, I was able to take it out (the 1/2" thickness is right) and I am attaching a picture of the back. From my past experience, it is important that the locking pad be in the back and across the whole width of the shoe (the blue part) pressing against the bottom of the channel for locking. The parts whose locking part is a side arm that presses against the side of the channel don't work for this setup. What type is 15-046?
A customer submitted photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at our 15-046 pivot shoe, which appears to have the same breaking pad in the back as your sample. Would that possible work?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)