SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

coil balance window parts

A contractor from Mchenry IL says:
I need a repair kit for single hung vinyl windows.These parts match Bumper #15-148,Piviot shoe #15-111
The 1/2" Coil standard supports measure the same but look a little different.Your #15-150 all I have is a patent #om137 Each window has 4 supports & 4 coil springs. The sash size is app.36"x36" the coils are in many peices I dont know what I need.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. To help us identify your coils, can you please take a few pictures of them? We will need to see what their printed stamp says.
A contractor from Mchenry IL says:
Tom, It took me till now to get the window weight it is 18lb. The windows require 4 springs each 2 per. side. I took a new picture of the spring.

Thank you

Steven
User submitted picture of coil balance end.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, Steve. Unfortunately, I can't see what your stamp is. Is there any way you can tell us what the stamp printed on the coil is?
A quick learner from McHenry IL says:
I found some numbers. First coil the one in the last pic. is 5 31" T5-32, second coil is PAT. 54875. They are worn down I hope this helps.
Profile picture of Paul
Take a look at our S160-5 coil spring. Does that look to be about right? Let me know what you think!
A contractor from McHenry IL says:
I thought this is the part. My concern is using two coils per side the travel and the weight. I have 6 to repair. I can not find the manufacture.

What size coil do you think I should use? I don't know how to calculate what I need. Send me the part number what you think and I will make it work.

PS. the coil is 1/2" wide and if the travel is 31" it should work.I just don't want to be short and the window won't close.
Profile picture of Paul
The travel of our S160-5 is actually 35", not 31". Would that be better for you? I think that spring would be your best bet, but you're going to have to confirm for yourself based on the information shown for that spring.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)