My pivot bar does not fit in the S140-11

A landlord from Moline Illinois says:
I purchased the S140-11. However, my pivot bars dont fit.My pivot bar is 26-226. But, I need the complete coil balance and shoe as I the old ones are shot.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you 100% sure that the S140-11 is a match? There are some old balance systems that appear similar to the Series 140 but are in fact different. If possible, I'd like to see a couple pictures of your old pivot shoe and spring. That would be a big help.
A landlord from Moline, Illnois says:
Here is a pic of both
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Looks like you have the old 15-177 shoe and Series 152 coil springs. Honestly, it wasn't a bad idea trying out the S140-11. I personally find them easier to install. The pivot bar is definitely a problem, though.

If you want to keep the S140-11, then you should also consider our 26-405 pivot bar. This should match your old pivot bar well enough, and still work with the new balance shoe. See what you think.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.