SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window parts for tilt windows aluminum

A professional from White Plains says:
Please call me regarding parts for these windows. The bottom part of the window does not stay up when you raise it. Our handyman says he needs new tracks/springs. He removed these parts. PLease get back to me. Thank you. Carmen
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Carmen. I'm a little confused. You have showing two different types of balance. The first picture is a channel balance, while the second picture shows two spiral balances. Did these come from the same window? One window should only use one type of balance. Either way, I recommend looking at our spiral balance home page and channel balance home page, respectively. You can follow the steps on each page to find the hardware that will match yours.
A quick learner says:
Sorry to confuse you. They are two different windows for two different properties.
A quick learner says:
I'm browsing the channel balance items. Mine is 27" long. It's asking me to choose option of 27A, 27B, etc. Please get back to me. I don't know which one to get.
Profile picture of Tom
Sure, no problem. For your channel balance option, you need to match it up with the stamp printed on your current balance. If no option matches, or if you can't read your stamp, you will need to weigh your sash to determine the proper match. Most of our channel balance pages have a chart with a list of options and how much weight they can support. You can just cross-reference that. If not, let me know what Series it is you're looking at, the length of the balance, and your sash weight, and we can recommend something.
A quick learner says:
Ton,
Thanks for your reply. There's an engraved mark on the aluminum track that says 2620X. Is that the stamp?

Profile picture of Tom
Yep, that's it. A 2620 stamp usually corresponds to a 2620 option. What Series were you looking at?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)