SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window pins with sleeve

A quick learner says:
I have similar window pins to the 55-141 in my windows, however they don't have the sleeve. Do you have any without the sleeve and am I to assume that the pins are sold individually?

Thank you for your prompt reply
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You do not have to use the sleeve, some window manufactures incorporate the pin with the sleeve. Yes, the 55-141 pin is sold individually.
A contractor from Pittsburgh, PA says:
I am repairing a chair, which had only one of the four casters intact! The casters have a 5/16" shaft, that fits into a sleeve, with a 7/16" o.d. X 1 3/4" deep bore. I don't need to replicat the caster, but I do need to fit new casters into the 7/16" bore! Do you carry anything that will fit into these holes?
Thank you in advance,
Faithfully,
Fritz Schardt
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Sorry, we do not have anything that can help.
A home owner from Wisconsin says:
our pins keep falling out; they're not long enough.... they do not have sleeves. which is a better solution? to add sleeves to the existing holes or bore more holes in another place? (i.e., will the sleeves create a tight enough fit to really hold the pin/mullion in place?) Thanks Peggy G.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You should use the same holes and see if the plastic sleeve locks in the hole. If it's loose, maybe use wood putty. The sleeves add a little friction on the pin and hold it in tighter. However, the way they work is to actually stick into the wood. Possibly the hole where the original pin was has opened up with use. You might have to change the location of the pins, though I hate the idea of drilling new holes. Could you possibly put a small strip around the pin to create some friction?
A home owner from Louisville, KY says:
The sleeve appears to be stuck in the frame, but the pins have broken off. Is there an easy way to remove the pin? I'm not sure if I need to order new sleeves or if I can use the ones that are still intact.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
As stated above, you can try to remove the pins with a putty knife.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)