window sash removal

A quick learner from El Paso says:
I have Alenco single hung windows in a home that was built in 1979. Some of the windows need various parts replaced but I need to be able to remove the broken parts to be able to send you pictures. To do this, I need to be able to remove the lower sash and cannot see how to do this. There are no "take out clips" or "Tilt Balances". I don't see any screws at the top of the sash where something might be removed. Please advise.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately you have Alenco's builder's grade windows. They are non tilt and designed specifically so that you cannot remove the sashes. You will need to work on them with the sash in place. It's hard, but it's not impossible. You will need to have someone hold the sash up for you while you disconnect the balance from the bottom of the sash, then close the sash and carefully work the balance out from the top.

Once it's out, please tell me the diameter and length of the tube. I'd also like to see how it attaches to the sash at the bottom. Finally, I'd need to know the weight of the sash. Due to the nature of the window, you won't be able to get an exact weight, but if you put a scale on the sill and gently lower the sash you should get a good idea.
Thanks for the info. I have a couple of windows that need the balance replaced.

I also have windows that need seals replaced, at bottom of movable sash and where the two sashes meet. I've attached a couple of pictures of what "fell" out from either the top of the bottom sash or the bottom of the top non-movable sash. Would also like to know the part and how to replace.
Weatherstripping
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The plastic strip you need could match up with our 55-189 glazing bead. Check out our dimensions to see if they line up.
Yes, this looks like the correct part. I watched the installation video but it has the sash taken out of the window frame. You mentioned in an earlier post that it is not possible to remove the bottom sash. Is this true? How can I replace the glazing bead without removing the window? Is there anything that I can do to modify the window so that the bottom sash can be removed?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, you won't be able to remove the sash. You will need to replace the vinyl snap in, 55-189 with the sash in place. Their is no modification you can do on the window without damaging it. You may want the help of a local professional.
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.