window sash springs

A home owner from Fort Madison, Iowa says:
I am redoing my windows in my 128 year old home. The glass I replaced in the bottom part of the window is substantially heavier and the weights won't hold the window up.

I heard about these springs and want to know if they will work for a 22lb pane.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have used the 20-001 springs in the past and to my amazement they do work well for this function. I'm surprised that your sash weights won't support the sash. I would first check to see if the cord or chain attached to the weight is not hanging up inside the window casing. There should be a cut-out to access the weights in the side track of the window frame. Also, if need be try to purchase a heavier sash weight. You can sometimes find them at old Hardware stores or at a scrap yard.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.