SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window shoe?

A handy person from south amboy, NJ says:
this part holds window up and allows for tilting out. I cant find in your parts pictures. Windows were installed in 2002 by a contractor. I found your PAT. number on a part thats how i matched you to windows. Can you help me buy this and install it also need Part#26-243 & #26-244
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Based on this picture, I recommend looking at our 15-175. I would just compare your measurements to those we show on our site to confirm that they're the same.
A quick learner from south amboy, NJ says:
I cant get the break off shoe because the metal piece broke. I unscrewed the cover on the coil to help move the shoe up to the top where there is cut out to remove it BUT theirs a screw sticking out in track FROM THE OUTSIDE of FRAME!!!now what? Break or cut out track?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Usually, you can turn the broken center cam with a screwdriver to release the shoe, allowing it to slide up to the the cut out. The cam would need to be in the vertical position in order to unlock the brake pad.

Now, this screw in the frame that you mentioned is puzzling. Was it put there by someone adding a trim to the outside of the window? There shouldn't be anything there, so I'm not sure what the solution would be. You will need to back it out, or better yet, replace it with a shorter screw.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)