SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window shoe coil

A quick learner from rockland county says:
i am looking to replace this shoe coils(pics attached), i assume that the window weight is about 3-4 lb. also i watched the clip how to remove these coils, but in the video he shows a frame with a nice cut out part and he removes the shoe coil from there, but since my frame is solid from top to bottom i would like to know how i can remove the coil?
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Your pivot shoe looks like our 15-175 shoe, which is meant to be used with our Series 152 coil spring. Please review this hardware to confirm if they match.

The pivot shoe looks like it definitely needs to be replaced, since the center metal cam broke. You may not need the coil spring at all, but if it is broken you will have to match up the number printed on it to our Series 152 options, assuming they match. We also have multiple videos which may help you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)