SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window spiral balance

A quick learner says:
I need to replace some spiral balances in the aluminum windows in my home. My home was built in 1997 and the windows are original.

From your website I have identified the balance needed (29" series 306). However, there is no color on the tip of my balances. The tube length is 29".

Can you help me identify which color I should choose?

Thank you

Billy
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, Billy. It usually depends on the weight of your sash. If you were to weigh yours on a scale and get that for me, I could recommend a match.
A quick learner says:
Tom

Thanks for your reply. However, I failed to mention that my windows are non tilt. I don't think the sash can be removed. Therefore I cannot take it out and weigh it.

Is there any other possible solution.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Well, that will make things a little harder. The most common choice for the S306-29 is the Red Tip option for sashes weighing 10 through 22 pounds, but there's no guarantee that this is what you have. Unfortunately there is no trick to determining what color tip option you have other than either weighing the sash or referencing the color tips you have already. Without knowing either of those, there is no way to know for sure what you need.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)