SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window standard 850

A professional from Hampton GA says:
26.5" Series 850 Crossbow Balance my end peace is not black or white is is a brown or tan color it is 26.5" want to make sure I get the right ones this time.

Let me know if you carry this standard and the model # needed to make a order.

Thank you
Dennis
customers crossbow channel balance
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Dennis,
Thanks for sending us images, I see what you are saying about the color. I wanted to let you know I'm working on this and hope to have an answer for you soon.
Profile picture of Donna
I am concerned about the width of the shoe so I will continue the search. Unless the pocket your balance slips into measures 1" wide the black or white shoe may not be a good substitute.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hi Dennis,
We are able to have this balance type manufactured with a shoe that measures 15/16" wide (actual width .937")
There are 3 color tip options for the 15/16" shoe width, white, black, or red; the color shoes represent the balance strength.

I'm thinking you may have the "Red" shoe. To check, remove the window sash and place it on a scale:
26-1/2" Series 850 with Red Shoe will carry a window sash weight range of 17 through 19 pounds.

Suggested weight ranges do not include the manufacturer's sash friction from use of weatherstripping. All windows vary in sash friction due to manufacturing methods and weatherstrip types.

Let us know if you think the S850-26 with 15/16" Red Shoe is the needed replacement.
A quick learner from Hampton GA says:
I will weigh the sash to insure I am getting the propper balance and get back with you. Can you please get me the price of 6 Six of the S850-26 with the red 15/16" Shoe that you are making a suggestion for?
Thank you
Dennis
A quick learner says:
Hey Dave
I weighed the sash and its 17 lb. I need 6 please
Profile picture of Donna
Hi Dennis,
OK, (6) S850-26 for a 17 pound sash, and has a 15/16" wide shoe.
The Red shoe (looks brown) will work well, it measures 15/16" wide and has a weight capacity of 17 through 19 pounds.
Profile picture of Donna
The Red 15/16" Width Shoe option is now available online for SWISCO product code S850-26, 26-1/2" Crossbow Balance
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)