SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window tube balance

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Hi - i'm looking to replace a tube balance (or maybe a pair) in a window that keeps sliding down. the tube is 29 1/2 inches long, and has a blue tip. Should i submit a photo or is that enough information? Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Can you also tell me what the diameter of the tube is? I would also like to know if the window is tilt or non-tilt.
A handy person from nj says:
Hi Paul from SWISCO - the diameter is 5/8. and the window is tilt.
Profile picture of Paul
Great. It sounds like you may have our Series 600 spiral balance with a blue tip. However, we do not have these balances on the half inch, in terms of length. I think you might have to go with either 29" or 30", but I'm not sure which. What is the full length of the inside spiral?
A handy person from New Jersey says:
Paul - the inside spiral is 30 inches - actually just a hair under 30.
Profile picture of Paul
Great. In that case, I recommend that you use the S600-30 spiral balance with a blue tip.
A handy person from noo jerzee says:
Paul from Swisco = awesome. Thanks!

Final question before i order. I'm thinking I also need to order your 75-033 . seems this is needed for proper installation, correct? Thanks Paul.
Profile picture of Paul
Not a problem, I was glad to help!

Yes, our 75-033 will work with the S600-30. You may also want to look at our 75-006.

Be sure to check out our handy tutorial video that shows the proper way to charge your balance using these tools.
A handy person from nj says:
you guys are awesome. thanks, blokes.
Profile picture of Paul
It was our absolute pleasure! Let me know if you need anything else, and I'd be happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)