SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

window weatherstrip

A quick learner from keyser wv says:
strip is vinyl u shaped with sides folded in stapled in slot of wooden window sides about3/16 wide and 3/8 high and has a soft strip on inside bottom
User submitted photos of weather seal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what to recommend. Do you know the manufacture of your windows? We do carry a weather strip like yours, but it does not have that groove. Take a look at our 58-188 and see if you think you could retro fit that to work for your window.
A quick learner from keyser wv says:
I dont have the manufacturer,the windows are in a keystone manufactured home from the 80's.The windows have the anderson style sash.I have some of the 58-188 weatherstripping I will try it.The original strip was stapled what type adhesive do you recomend to attach the 58-188 to wooden sash?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 58-188 is meant to adhere to sash with clear silicone or vinyl adhesive. You should be able to find these at a local hardware store.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)