wood bifold closet door part

A home owner from Concord, Massachusetts says:
I am hoping you can help me ID a part that would connect our wood bifold closet doors with the track above them. I don't see any company markings identifying the brand. Attached are photos of the hole in the door from where the relevant part appears to be missing
(approximately 1/2" diameter), the track into which the part would fit (1" across between the bottom edges, and approximately 1/2" across between the inner edges), and the hardware at the end of the door. We would need two parts as one is missing from each door. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your help.
user submitted image of closet door and track
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
You will need a plunger type pin for the top hole something like SWISCO product code 23-121. It doesn't measure 1/2" however, it measures 7/16" in diameter for the cap and base.
Should we go ahead and try the SWISCO 23-121? (Is the 7/16" a standard size?)
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
It really depends on the diameter of the hole the pin is being pushed into and the size of the hole in the bracket that the cap will pop into. If the base or cap is too small for the holes they insert into it may not work properly.
I recently repaired a closet door in my own home with a similar type of top pivot I was able to get the base to fit but the cap was too small so it doesn't open and close smoothly, instead of a simple pull of the handle I need to use two hands to open and close; it was on a door that I do not use often so I just left it at that.
I have received the SWISCO 23-121 and the cap seems to pop well into my closet bracket. I'm having trouble, though, pushing the pin into the hole in the door. Should the pin fit easily or should it be a tight fit? I think if I hammered the pin in there it might tap down far enough, but I'm afraid to damage the cap spring assembly with a hammer. Any tips for making the pin fit? (Should I try hammering the pin, widening the hole or exchanging the part for a size down?) Thanks so much for your help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Does the roller portion of the guide fit into the track? If so, you can drill the hole slightly larger, but make sure it is still a snug fit.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.