SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

wood bypass door hanger

A home owner from Westport MA says:
I am trying to locate a part for a wooden sliding door hanger.
The 3/4 inch wheel which is detachable from the hanger is broken.
patent no. 3.041.657
Do you carry the part or a substitute hanger that will work on this door?
Thanks.

Janet R.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

I was not able to cross reference your patent number to any closet door hardware. Can you submit a few pictures of the hanger?
picture of hanger without 3/4 inch wheel is attached
User submitted photo of their closet door hanger.
Profile picture of Mike
It looks like either our 23-031 or 23-047 may be the replacement hanger you are looking for. The big difference between these two parts is the offset. The 23-031 has a 1/8" offset and the 23-047 has a 1/2" offset. Here is a picture comparing the two parts side by side so you can see the difference in the offset.
Photo comparing the offsets of the <a href='Door-Hanger-1_8-inch-offset/pd/Sliding-Door-Replacement-Hardware/23-031'>23-031</a> and <a href='Door-Hanger-1_2-inch-offset/pd/Sliding-Door-Replacement-Hardware/23-047'>23-047</a> door hangers.
If we are measuring correctly, the offset is 1/4 inch. A local window and door dealer measured it as 1/4 inch as well would another picture help?

Janet
Profile picture of Mike
Are you measuring it just like how I have the offset measured in the picture in my last post?

Sure, you can send more pictures (that may help).

Your last picture was a little fuzzy, can you type out everything that is stamped on your hanger. These stamps may provide clues.
at the top is a rectangle with a large L and a B inside the L. It looks like a logo. Then there is "to lower door" which surrounds the screw. at the bottom is the us Pat. 3.041.657. The next line is CAN.673;638(1963) this last line was difficult to read
User submitted photo of the profile of their closet door hanger.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your roller came from Lawrence Brothers, who unfortunately went out business. The closest hanger to your style and offset is our 23-047. While the 23-047 does not have the same size offset, I believe it should work as a replacement for you.
Mike and Paul,

Thanks for your help!

Janet
A home owner from NJ says:
I just ordered the 23-047. This replaces the Lawrence Brothers 454 Roller US pat#3041657. You guys are the bomb.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)