SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

wool pile weather strip with fin for aluminum door,color black.

A professional from Belmont, NC says:
We need 6 wool pile w/fin weather strips 7 feet long and it appears to have a cross section of .5 x .5 inches.
Please let us know if you can deliver.

Thanks,
Julian
User submitted a photo of wool pile.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Julian. I'm not sure if we have an exact match for this. Can you confirm your dimensions? Is the base 1/2" wide or is that the width of the pile? It looks like it's a little extra fluffy and I just want to confirm. The closest possible replacement we have is our 58-179, though I don't know if that will work for you.
A quick learner from Belmont, NC says:
Hey Tom, thanks for your quick answer.
The base is really the fin, that goes inserted in a slot of the aluminum frame. From the fin it spreads up an out. 7/16 up and 7/16 out.
We are looking for the closest possible match; but it has to have a fin;are there any possibilities?

thanks again.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Is there any way I can see a few pictures of the wool pile removed from the door? That would help us find a better replacement.
A quick learner from Belmont nc says:
Thanks; here are some pictures
User submitted photos of wool pile.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are currently working on a possible replacement for this felt and will let you know as soon as the new part is online and available to view.
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, please see our 58-091 and let me know if you think this could work for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)