Follow SWISCO’s step-by-step guide for installing a new and versatile exterior sliding glass door pull.
SWISCO’s Keyed Exterior Pull with Key Lock is one of the most versatile locking units in the sliding door handle catalog. This diecast outside pull can accommodate a variety of different hole spacing, from 3” to 6-⅞”, including our most popular handles with 3-15/16’ spacing. Easily install this exterior lock with your existing interior pull, or with an interior pull from the SWISCO catalog. Follow these quick steps for installing the 82-306 on your sliding glass door.
Accommodates the following hole centers:
Remove the existing door hardware.
Assemble the locking unit as illustrated.
Prepare the new lock assembly.
• First, remove the cylinder lock from the outside pull handle.
• Now, using pliers, break off the tailpiece making sure that it’s the same exact length as your old tailpiece.
• Replace the new cylinder lock on the outside pull.
• This step is important; the leg of the cylinder lock must be in the upward position when replacing the unit, as illustrated above.
• Before installing the assembly, make sure that the hole in the door is large enough to accept the base of the key lock and either drill or file the door to the appropriate size if necessary.
For additional guidance at any step of your project, reach out to the experts.
2 years ago
if have two of this item #82-306, can you adjust the locking unit to make both of them works on the same key..?
1 year ago
These handles can not be purchased keyed alike but a local locksmith may be able to rekey them for you. We carry the 82-322 key blanks if needed. Hope this helps!