New window channels

A home owner from Ladera Ranch, CA says:

Hi

Can you please tell me which series to purchase?

In the picture with 4 channels-they are 2630 and 27 inches long.

In the picture with one channel, it is a 2930 and 30 inches long. This one seemed

To come out of a window with another 2630 might b the reason the window was broken.

I have 13 windows to fix, most with the 2630's.

The windows are Atrium windows, the builder replaced the channels in almost all windows

4 years ago, they are all broken again and not under warranty

Your help is greatly appreciated..Thank you. Darcy

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Darcy. Most Atrium windows use our Series 395 channel balances. This comes with the 19-005 top attachment and 15-001 bottom attachment. Does that look good to you?

If so, I recommend our S395-27 balance with a 2630 option. The 2630 option can carry sashes weighing 13 through 19 pounds. 

For your S395-30 with a stamp of 2930, the sash weight range would be 16 through 23 pounds. You would need to weigh the sashes to see if they fall in these weight ranges. You might also want to check your top sash guides to see if any are broken. See our media guides related to this page for more help.

Hi Paul,
Thank you for your response. I took a couple pictures of the top sash guides that I attached to this email. One is broken at the top, but it looks like the sash guard is intact, the window plastic itself is broken. Is there a way to fix this issue?
If I do need new top sash guides, please provide the part number.

Thank you
Darcy
I have one additional question - I am finding some windows that are same size have different length channels. These 2 windows - one has 21? channels and the other has 24? channels. Is this the way it should, or could someone have replaced them incorrectly. Not sure which size to purchase for these two..

Thank you..
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

That top sash guide looks like our 18-171, which is commonly used on Atrium windows. Look it over and see what you think.

As for the mismatched sizes, try switching the balances between the two windows and see if they work. I'd also like to know the heights of the visible glass for both sashes.

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement channel balance
How to identify a replacement channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.