15-209 Installation

A handy person from California says:
Thank you, I finally was able to find this part on your site. 15-209 we have about 10 of these broken in our house. I will be buying some but was hoping you have some insight on how to hook them up once the cable has gone up to where I can?t see it. Hoping to be able to fix these myself and not have to take the windows out . Please let me know
Thank you
Ken
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Ken. Hopefully I can walk you through the process of replacing the 15-209.

Before we start, you will need a pliers and a pair of self-locking pliers. Once you have those, you will need to remove the top window trim cover to reach the balance channel. You should see a clip at the end of the balance cord; pull that clip down with the pliers about 6" to 12" and lock the cord with the self locking pliers at the balance channel. That will allow you to hook the clip to the 15-209'>15-209 end bracket. 

Now, hold the cord with the pliers again and release the self locking pliers from the cord. This is important, because if you don't have a firm hand on the cord when you release the self locking pliers then the cord will shoot up. Hang on the cord and gently, slowly, raise it back into the channel.

I recommend safety goggles and gloves for this project. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)