1960 Awning Window cranks

A home owner from Florida says:
I am missing a few window cranks for my 1960 Awning windows. I tried your 5/16 crank. It was to small.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CE167C37-1127-40EE-AB4B-F75C30B7B2EC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DE3FAEC6-AA38-4AC4-8B58-0A929E5C64F6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 630D0863-A390-477E-A1CB-BCEAC6A3B211.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If you only need the handle, then we may be able to help. You mention that the 5/16" is too small, but not what size you actually need. Can you give me the exact size of the spline you need? Please be as precise as possible.

A quick learner from St. Pete, Florida says:
I tried a Marvin 7/16. It fits but the spline ridges do not line up. Looks like Marvin has 12 ridges but I need 16. I need a 7/16 with 16 spline ridges.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The only handle we have with a 7/16" hole diameter is our 39-195. This looks like it has fewer ridges than 16, but in my experience that doesn't always matter. The diameter of the hole is usually paramount.

7/16" is a very uncommon size. I would triple check that measurement to be sure.

A quick learner from St. Pete, Florida says:
I have tried a 3/8. It would not fit at all. The 7/16 Marvin replacement only slides on about 1/4 inch and will not go further because the ridges do not line up.
The handle I need should also have a 3/4 inch depth to the bore. I need it to slide on that far before I can engage the set screw.
These are 1960's windows in really very good shape. Mfg plate says Anderson, Bradenton FLA, Owensboro,KY, Rome, GA.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I believe we've tried to find your particular handle size in the past, but without any success. If none of the handle sizes we have work then you might need to replace the complete operator. 

Take a look at the 39-054 to start out, but we also carry more on this page. See if any match up to the one you have. 

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.