1960s Aluminum sliding door rollers

A quick learner from USA says:
I need to replace both the rollers on the door and I think I need to also install one of the track rail covers. The rail is very worn. Can you tell me which part I need based on these pics. I do not see any brand markings on the door.

The housing is 2" x 1 3/8" and is ~11/16" wide. The roller dia. looks to be about 1 5/8" and is ~3/8" wide.
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Hopefully I can help. The easiest solution might be to replace the wheel and axle only and re-use the same housing, since I don't think you'll be able to find the whole roller unit. Take a look at the 81-237 wheel and 81-310 axle kit.

As for the track cover, I'm not sure what your original track looks like, but see our 80-100, 80-102, or 80-103. If you need to replace the complete track, consider our 80-105 and 80-106. We also have videos that should help you get a better idea of how these work.
A quick learner from USA says:
Thanks for the feedback. I have been using a system for several years where the door rides on a teflon strip laid in the track and skids are attached to the bottom of the door in place of the rollers. I removed the positioning screws from the rollers shown in the pics. I can't find them and do not remember exactly how they were assembled in the roller unit. Do you have any drawings/pictures of units where I could see how the adjustment screws look in the assembly? I assume it will be a pan head screw but does it need any washers, a lock nut, or...?

Thanks,
James
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Sure, I will do my best. Looking at your photos above, it appears that the screw might be similar to our 33-104, which has a 1/4" x 20 thread count. It may also be like our 33-106, which has a 12-24 thread. It looks like the hole where the screw goes is threaded, so you shouldn't need a nut. As for a washer behind the screw head, it depends on the size of the hole on the side of the door stile, where the screw would install.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)