2 broken window channel sashes. Unknown manufacturer

A quick learner from Pinole, CA says:
When I bought my house it was through a close out short sale through the bank. Unknown who installed the windows are there are no markings on the windows.
I have 2 broken vertical sliding windows. I channel sash was missing - metal spring - and the other the spring was rusted and broken.
The only markings are on the back of the slider bar. the windows are different sizes. One is 23" vertical and the slider bar is marked 1720 BSI ME?
The other is 16,3/4" vertical and the slider bar is marked 1130 B.S.I. ME
Its clearly supposed to work on a latched in spring and pulley system. No one wants to fix it they all want me to install/buy new windows.
Can you help me identify which channel series I should be purchasing?

Can you please help me to identify which channel series I should purchase. I have 2 vertical windows that are supposed to be sliders and they are both broken. The bathroom (picture) is 16,34" vertical window with a channel sash metal of 1130 B.M.I. ME. The Bedroom is 23" vertical window, and the metal part for that one is 18" with markings of 1720 B.M.I. ME?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4887.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4888.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4889.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4890.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4891.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Based on your photos, you have either our Series 351 or Series 390 channel balance. The only difference between them is the size of the bottom fitting, which is indicated on their respective store pages. You'll need to measure your bottom fitting to confirm which one is the better match. The video below may also be of some help.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Thank you.
It looks like I have the S351 series for the bathroom window, and the S390 for the bedroom window. Would that be correct if they are the same manufacturer, but different heights? My bedroom window is 10" higher than the bathroom window.
I'm also really confused as the markings on the side of both identify them as a 1130 for the bathroom and the 1720 for the bedroom

So what should I be going by the measurement of the length and markings or the width of the base?

The bathroom slider sash bar is 12" tall (metal to metal) the bottom is 1" wide and the side markings say 1130
The bedroom slider sash bar is 18" tall (metal to metal), the bottom is 1,1/8" wide and the markings are 1720.

Please help - really confused

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

It's actually fairly uncommon for the same window manufacturer to use a Series 351 for one window and a Series 390 for another. The height of the window wouldn't affect that particular detail, only the length and spring strength. I recommend double checking that just to be sure.

On the other hand, if your measurements are accurate, then they're accurate. Just because it's uncommon doesn't mean the numbers lie. The main thing I've learned doing this job is to trust my tape measure. If those are the size of your respective bottom fittings, then you should pick the appropriate Series in each case. The original installers may have had a good reason for picking the balances they picked, and if they've worked fine all these years, then why mess with success?

Thanks Tom.

I double checked all the measurements - Metal height and brackets height and width. I also weighed the windows.
I'm going with the 351 series 1130 and 1730 since its 9.2lbs.

Thank you for all your help.
Do you have an installation video?
Thanks to your help I now know the top and bottom at least! Haha

Much appreciated!
Profile picture of Tom

Great, glad to hear you got it all sorted. We do have an installation video, too. I will share it below.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.